Monday, November 15, 2010

Team is fired up and ready to go

A couple of months ago, I officially committed to the University of Florida and ended my recruiting process. I chose Florida over Notre Dame, Boston College, Michigan State, Iowa, Wisconsin, and West Virginia.

I took an unofficial visit to Gainesville, Fla., in August with my parents the week before I committed and absolutely loved the campus. During my visit, I toured the entire campus, watched practice, met the coaches, saw the locker room, walked in the Swamp (Florida’s Stadium), met with the strength coach, sat down with Steve Addazio (my position coach at Florida), and on top of all that spent the entire day with Urban Meyer, the head coach of Florida and an Ashtabula native.

I cannot say enough about Coach Meyer and his coaching staff. My commitment shortly after my visit tells you how comfortable I felt there. I am very happy I got to make my college commitment before my senior season.

After I committed, it felt like the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders, and I no longer have any stress about my recruitment process. I am 100 percent committed to the Gators and will not be taking visits to any other colleges.

It is the second round in the postseason after an exciting victory in the first round vs. Kenston. Lake Catholic came ready to play and shut the Bombers out, 42-0, and now have a record of 11-1.

We play a very tough opponent on Friday against undefeated Warren Howland, who is a team very similar to us. They have a very good offensive line with a Division I running back who is only a sophomore.

My team has been studying every game they have played and we have put together a good strategy. The key to winning this game is winning the battle in the trenches. My team is fired up and we're ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment